TERMS OF BUSINESS
All Words by Page clients are bound by these terms of business when they engage my services.
This is whether you employ my internet marketing services, book a brand tone of voice workshop, ask me about creating a digital marketing strategy, take up a regular social media marketing package, or work with me as a freelance Wix website designer, content writer or email marketer.
It is the client's responsibility to ensure they have read these terms before engaging the company's services.
1. Words by Page Ltd will provide services faithfully, diligently and use its best endeavours to promote the interests of the client.
2. Words by Page reserves the right to substitute employees or associates to complete a project.
3. Fees quoted are valid for 90 days from submission. After that Words by Page Ltd reserves the right to alter them without notice.
4. Fixed-scope projects: Clients are required to pay a 50% deposit in advance for fixed scope one-off projects. Work cannot commence until funds are cleared. The remainder of the fee is payable on project sign-off.
5. Fixed price monthly subscriptions, such as social media or blog packages, are payable in advance.
6. All other fees are payable within 30 days of invoice.
7. Any late payment shall incur interest and charges in accordance with The Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 as amended and supplemented by Late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulations 2002.
Late payment of any invoice will trigger interest of 8% plus the Bank of England base rate (UK statutory interest) per month on the amount still owing.
A one-time late payment charge of £40 becomes payable on amounts up to £999.99, £70 on amounts between £1000 and £9,999.99, and £100 on amounts of £10,000 or more when the payment terms are exceeded. These amounts are set by UK late payment legislation.
Invoices generated to recover late payments will incur a £50 administration fee.
If the client fails to pay for a period of 90 days, the Client will be responsible for any additional costs incurred by the Contractor to recover amounts owing.
8. If the client requires that an invoice be submitted against a Purchase Order for payment, the client shall be responsible for issuing the Purchase Order before services commence.
9. Work will be deemed to be completed and a final invoice issued if no client feedback is received within 30 days of submission of a draft or proof.
10. Payment is not contingent on the results of work delivered by Words by Page Ltd, its employees or its associates. The client is paying for Words by Page Ltd’s time, quantum meruit.
11. Copyright is retained by Words by Page Ltd until the invoice for that work has been paid, at which point copyright is assigned to the client.
12. Words by Page Ltd reserves the right to use extracts of work produced for clients in our promotional material such as https://www.wordsbypage.com/
13. Words by Page Ltd gives no warranty or undertaking as to the effectiveness or success of creative work, reports, plans, training courses or consultancy or as to the achievement of any of the objectives therein. The client accepts that it has full responsibility for the success or failure of its products and for achieving sales targets or other measures of commercial performance.
14. In the event of the client failing to meet agreed deadlines, the timetable for the project will be modified and additional costs agreed.
15. Cancellation Charges
If the client cancels a project
more than 30 days before the scheduled date - no fee is payable;
within 15-30 days - 25% of the agreed fee is payable;
within 8-14 days - 50% is payable;
within 1-7 days - 100% is payable.
16. Words by Page Ltd may be engaged on work for companies in similar or related markets. All information received from clients in spoken or written form will be treated as confidential and will not be divulged to third parties or used in any way except in the performance of duties agreed between Words by Page Ltd and the client.
17. Reasonable alterations to the copy and design are included in the price quoted. This includes one round of amendments for copy and design work.
18. Additional scope or substantial alterations to the copy and/or design will be charged for at an hourly rate of £100 exclusive of bought-in items and services (such as illustration or photography), which will be charged at cost plus a 10% handling fee, except where a fixed fee is agreed in advance in writing.
19. All legally required communications will be delivered as follows:
the official registered office of the Client as described by Companies House, UK or the regulatory authority in the country of the Client’s headquarters.
Words by Page Ltd (Reg: 09894758), 52 Stamford Road, Bournemouth, England, BH6 5DS